How Much Does an iPhone Charger Cost?
The Apple iPhone charger is an essential gadget used for charging the iPhone’s lithium ion battery. Its battery is rechargeable, but as you know, it cannot last forever. If the iPhone’s battery is fully charged, it can last anywhere from 12 to 36 hours depending on how much the phone is being used. The battery lasts for up to 10 years depending on your iPhone usage.
The iPhone charger will come included with the purchase of the phone, but some people find it necessary to purchase a new one to keep in a different room in the home or to take one to work.
How much is it?
- On average, you will find that an authentic Apple iPhone charger will usually cost $20 to $30. If your phone is still under warranty, however, you may be able to get one for free. The lightning to 30-pin adapter retails for $29, while the Apple 5W USB adapter retails for $19.
- If you do not mind buying a third-party unit, an iPhone charger can cost less than $5.
- For example, this highly popular generic USB charger for the iPhone retails for $2 to $5.
- Authentic chargers sold on Target.com, for example, sell for $15 to as much as $30.
- According to PhoneArena.com, the reason an iPhone charger is so expensive is because the adapter is built much safer than most other manufacturers.
What is going to be included?
- There are a variety of Apple iPhone chargers on the market, and each charger has different components. However, most of them come with an adapter and a USB cable. Aside from a charger that includes a USB cable, some can come in the form of an alarm clock or radio. The iPhone will dock on the device, charging while it is plugged in.
- There are some charging packages that you can buy which will include a car charger and other adapters. These will be a little more expensive but will be cheaper than purchasing the two units separately.
What are the extra costs?
- The extra cost you will depend on the functionality of the charger you are purchasing. This is because wireless chargers, micro USB and normal USB chargers can cost more than a generic charger. Therefore, the design and size of the iPhone charger will determine the extra costs you can incur.
- If your car does not have a USB port, a special car adapter will be needed. This can cost $10 to $30, depending on the brand.
Tips to know:
- The iPhone charger has the least value of standby power – the energy that common chargers continue drawing when the batteries are fully charged with obvious contrast from other chargers, it senses when the battery is done charging and stick shift in reducing the amount of energy used.
- If your charger is under warranty, do not be afraid to bring it into the Apple store. All that they ask is that you bring the defective charger in with you. Even if you do not have a receipt, they will be able to research your phone by looking up the serial number. If under warranty, you should be able to get a replacement at no cost.
How to make your iPhone battery last longer
- Turn on the auto-brightness feature, which will automatically adjust the phone to the amount of light in the room. The dimmer your screen, the longer the battery will last.
- The new iPhones have a subtle movement in the background; turn this feature off to save battery life.
- If you keep the Wi-Fi connection off unless you are using it, this will help extend the charge.
- Because the phone has a built-in GPS, this system is always running in the background. Turn this off unless you need it.
How can I save money?
- The only sure way of saving money is through avoiding purchasing an authentic iPhone charger from the Apple store. Most of the chargers that are less than $5 can do just as good of a job.
- Consider purchasing a used unit on eBay or Craigslist.