How Much Does an Iron Curtain Water Filter Cost?
The Iron Curtain Water Filter is a single water treatment system that helps address a number of water problems such as iron stains, iron-tasting water or a rotten egg odor. Moreover, the system also helps extend the life of your water and heater appliances.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of your Iron Curtain Water Filter System will depend on which dealer you’re using and the size and type of filter you need. On average, people who have had this type of system installed paid anywhere from $1,200 to $2,800.
- According to one forum member on JohnDee.com, he was quoted $1,500 to $1,900, or $35 per month on an interest-free payment plan.
What is going to be included?
- The Iron Curtain Water Filter system comes in four sizes: single, twin, triplex and quad.
- The system has two tanks: an air tank used for oxidization, and a removal tank containing special minerals to help remove iron, rust, odor and smell. Basically, the two tanks are designed to filter and treat your water without the use of harsh chemicals.
- The removal tank is layered with minerals according to sizes. Larger minerals are placed on top while smaller minerals are placed towards the bottom. This allows all of the bed to be used as a filter, preventing premature fouling.
- These filters require no chemicals, salt, air injectors, micronizers or venturis.
- Before you make the purchase, always have your water tested first. Some companies offer no obligation water analysis wherein someone will come to your home or commercial establishment to test your water and determine the best system that you need. You can also get a free quote at this point.
- After the initial test and upon deciding to proceed with the purchase, one of the company experts will install the system to your house or establishment.
What are the extra costs?
- Repairs may be needed from time to time, just like any other appliance.
Tips to know
- You can find several Iron Curtain Water Filter dealers online. You can get it from the manufacturer’s website itself, Hellenbrand, or from other water treatment companies online. You can also purchase or have the system installed by a local water treatment dealer.
- The Hellenbrand website has a dealer locator on their site. You can use this to find a dealer nearest you.
- Choose a water filtration company that has their own technicians and installation crew.
- If you have any questions, contact your dealer and they’ll be happy to answer your inquiries. The Hellenbrand website for one has an “Ask an Expert” form where experts can answers customer inquiries and concerns.
- You may hear a flushing noise in the middle of the night. This happens periodically when the Iron Curtain backwashes the filter tank to drain or discharge trapped impurities while bleeding off the used air and re-introducing oxygen-rich air back to the tank.
- You will know it’s time to get a filter like this if the water is staining toilets or washing machines, leaving behind a red rust-like color.
How can I save money?
- Inquire with several water treatment companies or facilities and ask them to give you a quote. Don’t forget to consider the warranty when making your final decision.
- If you think you’ll only be needing the Iron Curtain Water Filter system for a few months only, then you can rent out one instead of buying a whole new system. Rental rates usually start at $30 per month.
- Consider a payment plan offered directly by the company.