How Much Do Jet Ski Rentals Cost?
Owning a jet ski can be rather expensive, but for those who are going on vacation or simply traveling a few miles to the beach, renting a jet ski can be a much easier option.
Most resorts and companies can rent jet skis by either the hour, half the day, or even the full day. The cost to rent a jet ski is going to greatly depend on the season, where it will be rented, the type and the company you use.
How much is it?
- On average, renting a jet ski by the hour is going to range anywhere from $55 to $85 per hour. If more hours are purchased, the cost per hour can decrease. For example, if a company wants $70 per hour, they may be able to do four hours for $240.
- Half day rentals can cost anywhere from $210 to $350 depending on the location. Popular tourist locations are going to demand more, while a smaller resort may not cost as much. Half day rentals will last around four to six hours.
- Full day rentals can cost anywhere from $375 to as much as $500. Full day rentals can last up to 8 to 10 hours, depending on the company policy.
- For example, Short Money Jet Ski Rentals, Inc. based in Florida, rents out their jet skis for $250 for four hours or $400 for the whole day, which is eight hours.
- According to this TripAdvisor.com forum thread, members stated they paid anywhere from $30 to as much as $110 per hour. They also claimed that those who were traveling in Mexico had paid a lot less than those that were on the east coast, proving the geographical location can play a rather big role in the pricing.
- Take a look at the table below to see what popular tourist cities were charging. We either visited a website of a nearby jet ski company or called to confirm rates.
|Biloxi, Mississippi||$60 per hour, plus $5 per extra rider|
|Fort Lauderdale, Florida||$100 per hour|
|Grand Cayman||$75 per hour|
|Key West, Florida||$99 to $129 per hour|
|Lake Berryessa||$240 to $350 per hour, depending on the time of the day|
|Miami, Florida||$129 to $149 per hour|
|Ocean City, Maryland||$90 per hour|
|Port Arnasas, Texas||$75 to $150 per hour|
|Virginia Beach, Virginia||$140 per hour, plus $10 per additional rider|
What is going to be included?
- Jet ski rentals will come equipped with all the appropriate equipment such as life jackets, a whistle, as well as a tank full of gasoline. By law, most states and countries will ask that the rider is at least over the age of 18. Before you’re able to ride the jet ski, they will require you sign a waiver, freeing the company of any liability if you were to get into an accident.
What are the extra costs?
- Larger jet skis, which can accommodate more people, may cost more than a one or two seater.
- Additional riders will cost upwards of $20 per person.
- A damage deposit may be required before the jet ski is taken out. This deposit can be as much as $500 to $1,000 and will be returned once the jet ski is brought back to the locaion.
- Depending on the company, an insurance rider and coverage can be an additional cost.
How can I save money?
- Some companies may offer special discounts for military personnel or even those who are local to the area. Call ahead time or check the website for more information.
- Companies may have an early bird special if reserved online or even coupons that you can print from their offiical website. Most rental companies have some sort online presence.
- If you’re in a tourist area, be sure to check out the local coupons in the tourist books. Many jet ski rental companies will offer coupons that can range anywhere from a few dollars off to as much as half off.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.