How Much Does a Lhasa Apso Cost?
The Lhasa Apso is a type of non-sporting dog breed that originated from Tibet. This breed has long hair and can weigh as much as 13 pounds. Lhasa Apsos are very alert and have a keen sense of hearing.
How much is it?
- Like any dog breed available to own, the price of Lhasa Apso depends on many different factors. Some factors that need to be considered are the age, gender and the quality of the breed. There are private pet owners that sell this type of dog and they have discretion on how much they will charge for the dog. On average, these dogs can range anywhere from $400 to as much as $2,600.
- A purebred that is registered is going to be on the higher end, while one that is not registered will be on the lower end of the price range.
- The location of the breeder can also have an effect on the price of the Lhasa Apso. For example, the cost of Lhasa Apsos in the area of Flushing to Queens in New York varies but are priced from $495 to $750.
- For example, Lhasa Apso Puppies for Sale is an online provider that has these dogs available for adoption. The breeder’s website provides information regarding the puppies that they sell. For instance, the age of the puppies sold through their site can range from 5 to 12 weeks and can be male or female. They are sold for $1550 to $2550.
What is going to be included?
- Since some of the dogs sold online are from private pet owners, they usually have the dogs take different medicines and receive different vaccinations. This is done so that the puppies will not acquire any illnesses while their immune system is still young.
- Some pets would also come with a license since the previous owner would register the dogs after they are born.
What are the extra costs?
- If the Lhasa Apso that you were able to purchase does not yet have a license, you will need to have them registered. The cost for registering your pet depends on your location.
- Supplies for the pet are also considered as additional costs. You will need to buy food and other pet supplies to provide the dog a comfortable environment.
- Dogs will require regular visits to a veterinarian. This is to make sure that they do not acquire diseases. They may also need other veterinarian services such as getting the ears cleaned, nails trimmed, etc.
Tips to know:
- Since different breeds of dogs have varying temperament, it is suggested that you research the attitude of each particular dog that you are considering. Lhasa Apsos are mainly considered as non-sporting dogs, which means they can be kept as pet or toy dogs based mainly on their appearance.
How can I save money?
- If you are planning to buy a dog, consider alternative ways to find them; make sure that you check into adoption as this will not cost anything. While it is rare, older breeds can often be found at local shelters such as the Humane Society.
- Check with different sellers on how much they will charge for the dogs since some of them may offer it at competitive prices.