How Much Does a Pizza Vending Machine Cost?
The pizza vending machine phenomenon was created by a company called Let’s Pizza!, which originated in Italy. Like a vending machine that dispenses chips or soda, a pizza vending machine works in a similar way.
How much is it?
- A pizza vending machine can cost anywhere from $10,000 for a simple frozen-oven type to as much as $35,000 for a complete pizza machine. For example, the latest in the market — Let’s Pizza Machine — retails for $32,000. This particular machine works 24 hours all year round, requiring regular monthly maintenance costs, which are very low.
- Rather than purchasing a pizza vending machine, many choose to rent them.
What is going to be included?
- There are a few types of machines which can create a pizza and each machine is different with the way it processes the pizza. For instance, one is a simple machine which has frozen pizzas kept in the refrigerator which are then put in the oven, while another vending machine makes your pizza in front of you, starting from preparing the crust to heating. None of the machines will use a human hand.
- Although the pizza vending machine will be an initial cost, it also comes with a long-term investment. Once the machine is paid off, you will begin to earn money rather than spend it.
- Most pizza vending machines will have containers where the flour is mixed with water, creating the crust. Most of these machines have a fixed crust thickness and size. After the crust has been formed, the tomato sauce is spread out on the base and your choice of toppings are put on. Most machines will have many options to select from, whether be vegetables or meat toppings. Other machines will have three different types of pizzas from which you can choose. Once done, it goes to the microwave oven, where infrared heating technology, which gets up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit, is used. The visible process gets completed in 90 seconds and your hot and fresh pizza is delivered toward the bottom inside of a box. Higher-end machines will connect to the internet, allowing the owner of the machine to know when it is low on ingredients.
- The average machine can store enough ingredients to make 200 pizzas.
- You get your freshly made pizza in just about 3-4 minutes. One has a choice to pay either in cash or via a credit card.
- Depending on the brand, the average pizza will cost $3 to $7.
What are the extra costs?
- The average power requirement for each pizza is about 24 kWh.
- The cost of the ingredients, on the other hand, is about 65-70% of the sales price.
- The other cost to consider is paying a trained individual worker who is responsible for re-filling the ingredients and raw material containers on a regular basis.
- Plan on spending a one-time installation cost and regular maintenance costs.
Tips to know:
- Know that the machine can be installed anywhere with a base area up to 30 square feet and a height of about 6-7 ft, on average. It is best to install it in a place where you can expect a lot of people to pass through.
- If you are going to sign up with a franchise, make sure that you read the fine print closely.
The benefits of a pizza vending machine
- Your customers can have a fresh pizza without you having to pay an employee to make it.
- Because the costs of running the machine are so low, the profit margin is quite high.
- The company should provide maintenance all year round, including holidays and weekends.
- Because the pizza vending machine does not involve money exchanging hands, there is no risk of theft or loss.
- The trays and pizza boxes that come out of the machine can be printed with the logo of your business, which is a great form of advertising.
- Because the pizza vending machine is so new and innovative, advertising that you have one can bring business in.
How can I save money?
- Consider searching for a slightly used machine.
- Try to do as much of the maintenance and filling of ingredients yourself so that you do not have to pay the company from which you purchased to do it for you.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.