How Much Does Pool Deck Resurfacing Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Pool deck resurfacing can spice up an older pool deck and make it look like new again without having to pour new concrete. When resurfacing, you will be able to add color or create a look of natural looking stone.
How much does it cost?
- On average, the average pool resurfacing job is going to cost anywhere from $4 to as much as $9 per square foot. The costs of pool deck resurfacing will depend on the size of the pool deck, the materials being used, the company you choose, geographical location and if any customization is done.
- According to Redoyourpool.com, a standard sized pool can cost from $2,500 to $3,500, and the price depends on the amount of damage that needs to be fixed.
What is going to be included?
- If the pool has too many cracks on the surface, vast weight on the surface, sunken concrete or uneven ground, then resurfacing is not the answer to your problem. In that case, the pool contractor should replace the pool’s surface.
- During the process, the contractor will clean the concrete first with a pressure washer to remove all the dirt, grease and little pieces of concrete. After this, he will patch all the holes and cracks so that they will not be visible in the new surface. After this is done, the cracks should be roughed to get all the edges flattened so you can have a smooth surface. The contractor should then follow the manufacturer’s instruction, and after he has installed the resurfacing system, he can use masonry brush or push broom to do the next step.
- After the pool deck has been resurfaced, owners can browse through thousands of colors and designs.
- To see what the job is going to look like before and after, ConcreteRepairMan.com has a few pictures to browse through.
What are the extra costs?
- As a pool owner, you need to maintain your pool’s surface annually, especially if you have an outdoor surface, as this needs to be resealed annually. The resealing of the surface can vary from the weather you have, as this will affect your pool’s surface. If you want an easier way to clean your pool’s surface, then you need to purchase a high-quality sealer, which costs $20 to $80 per gallon. The sealer also prevents stains, protects the color, and resists moisture and abrasion.
Tips to know:
- Before calling a pool contractor, you may want to ask your friends and family for advice, as they might know the best price for resurfacing or know the best licensed company who does the work. If you do not know where to start when it comes to looking, consider using free quote search engine sites such as HomeAdvisor.com. Here, you can input your job and contractors will bid.
- If you already know what you need to do, then you may want to ask the contractor for ideas. He will most likely have examples that he can use to show you a beautiful and safe pool surface that could be yours.
- Always make sure that the contractor has experience working with resurfacing. Do not hire someone that just does concrete because the job may not be done properly in the end.
How can I save money?
- Choose your designs wisely. The more extravagant you want the design to be, the more you are going to have to spend. Try to find a resurfacing company that will work with your budget. Many are more than happy to come to your home and show you what they can do to be within your budget.
- Always get at least three quotes. You are going to find find that all contractors are going to greatly vary with their pricing.
- Even if the pool deck needs more than resurfacing, do not resort to replacing it 100 percent; rather, consider patching jobs that make the deck look like new. This can easily save you thousands of dollars.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.