How Much Does a Porta Potty Cost?
Porta potties are temporary portable toilets that can be used for any outdoor activity. The purpose of renting a porta potty is so that the guests will have somewhere to use the restroom in case there is no building that offers one. A porta potty is a simple enclosure made of a lightweight molded plastic equipped with a chemical toilet.
How much does it cost?
- On average, renting a porta potty can cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $175 for one day. The more units you rent, the lower the “per toilet” average will be. The sizes of porta potties will also vary, which affects the overall price.
- For those who need a porta potty on a monthly basis, the costs can be anywhere from $100 to $400 per month.
- According to Porta-pottyrental.com, porta potty rental rates range from $65 to $95. Here, a one-day rental on the weekend for one potty with no additional cleaning service costs $75. Two potties with no additional cleaning service retails for $70 and three potties with no additional cleaning service is $65 each.
- Another potty rental company, Castlepartyrental.com, rents out units according to categories. An economy portable toilet costs $100. A deluxe portable toilet is $150, while a VIP portable toilet is $200. An ADA portable toilet for handicap people is $150 for the day.
What is going to be included?
- Porta potty units are delivered and picked up by the rental companies. They will be put in place wherever you direct.
- As stated, staff are available to service the toilets as per client’s preference.
- A basic, economy portable toilet includes a seat with cover, toilet paper dispenser, doors that can be locked and with “In Use” or “Open” indicators, and a total of six wall vents.
- Deluxe portable toilets include all those mentioned above plus a paper towel dispenser, hand soap dispenser, mirror and a foot-operated sink.
- VIP units come with all of the above plus a foot-flushing toilet and an interior light fixture.
- An ADA Portable Toilet is rented out with features that meet state and federal guidelines including stainless steel railings inside of the unit for support.
What are the extra costs?
- In addition to the standard frequency of cleaning and servicing mentioned, a small unit cleaning charge may be applied. If you are renting the porta potty on a monthly basis, you will need to have it cleaned at least once a week.
- Some units have built-in sink installed for additional $10 to $25.
- Disinfecting hand sanitizer and a water hand-washing unit are available for an extra charge
- Depending on the company, some may charge a small delivery fee.
- It is a good idea to have an air freshener of some type in the porta potty to keep it from smelling foul.
- Most companies will deliver the porta potty with a full roll of toilet paper, but any additional toilet paper will have to be purchased.
Factors that influence the price:
- Porta potties that are equipped with more features command higher rental rates.
- Cleaning and servicing frequency also increase rates accordingly.
- Locations that are hard to reach could bring about extra fees due to the delivery.
Tips to know:
- Avoid any hidden service fees by stating what exactly you want and placing reservations ahead.
- Do not allow rental companies to sweet talk you into renting more units than you really need.
- Though porta potty rentals are quite costly, the convenience that you get is unequaled.
- It may even come out cheaper to rent a porta potty than to hire a janitorial service to clean the restrooms on a regular basis.
- About 10 people can use a porta potty each day during the course of a 40 hour work week before it will require cleaning and servicing.
- It is best to have one porta potty for every 50-65 people.
How can I save money?
- The more portable toilets you need, the less you are going to pay per toilet. You will also save money per day by renting the porta potty for a longer period of time. If you are in need of the porta potty on weekends only, for instance, it may actually be cheaper to simply keep it full time since it will not have to picked up and delivered multiple times.
- Since there’s a good chance that there are a lot of companies in your area, try to get a handful of quotes over the phone or Internet.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.