How Much Does a Promethean Board Cost?
The Promethean board is one of the greatest innovations when it comes to learning. It is essentially an interactive whiteboard which can be manipulated in many different ways. Promethean Boards provide interactive learning because the audience or students are given images, video, and audio to facilitate learning. In fact, the Promethean Board can be a valuable tool inside the classroom as it helps promote education and makes studying fun and exciting.
It works just like a touch screen computer, using a specially made “pen” to write, open and close things, and move items around. This type of tool can really keep a child’s attention and allow them to learn more than they would from a simple lecture.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a Promethean Board may vary depending on the features, the size, model and where it’s being purchased. Based on those factors, the Promethean board alone can retail for $1,700 to as much as $5,500. Aside from the board prices, it is also best to factor in another $1,000 for professional installation.
- For example, a 78-inch current permanent mount Promethean Board with dual pen technology costs $3,779. On the other hand, an 87-inch Promethean Board with similar features cost $3,959, while a 95-inch Promethean Board costs $4,139. An 87-inch board with multi-touch technology costs $5,489.
- According to Proteacher.net, a 78-inch Promethean Board costs around $1,700, while an 87-inch Promethean Board costs around $1,900. The cost of basic installation is $950 per Promethean Board.
- According to other sources at sites.google.com, a Promethean Board costs around $3, 779 to $5,489.
What is going to be included?
- A Promethean Board may include a dual pen or multi-touch board, short-throw DLP projector, and built-in speakers as well as other accessories.
- The assembly and installation cost for a Promethean Board may already be included in the selling price.
- Shipping or delivery costs may also be included in the selling price of the Promethean Board. Just ask the seller regarding the terms and conditions for shipping or delivery.
- Promethean interactive whiteboards engage students with vivid images, video and audio. An interactive whiteboard is a large interactive display that combines the simplicity of a whiteboard, power of a computer, and front projection. Promethean offers a range of interactive whiteboard solutions that can meet needs of every classroom.
- Similar to a white board, the Promethean board connects to a computer and uses software to display interactive lessons, video, media and more. To learn more, this Wikispaces.com page has a nice write-up.
- If purchased new, a limited warranty is included that lasts up to three years.
- There are many classroom applications of the Promethean board:
- You can make or download charts and graphs of all sorts of things, and can easily open and close then with the touch of the pen.
- You can click on images and drag them around. This allows you to have multiple things open at one time rather than having to open and close them constantly.
- Because the Promethean board is connected to a network, you can browse the web for things you may need.
- The Promethean board is capable of displaying pictures as well as playing music and videos.
- One of the best uses of the Promethean board in the classroom is the interactive hand-held remote. Each student can be given on of these, and they can be used for many class exercises. For example, the teacher could put multiple choice questions on the board and each student could hit the corresponding button with the right answer. This will give the teacher and class instant results.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred for installation of the Promethean Board as well as shipping or delivery of the product to your location. As mentioned above, installation costs can cost as much as $1,000. It can take up to three hours to install this board.
- Shipping costs can be as high as $400 if not included in the initial costs.
- Additional accessories for your Promethean Board can be an additional cost. These accessories can include a dry erase board, lockable drawer, laptop shelf and more.
How can I save money?
- You can save money when you take advantage of promos and discounts during sales. Check the internet for more info or watch out for sales in your area.
- You can also save money by doing the assembly and installation of the Promethean Board yourself instead of hiring someone else to do the job for you. You can search for tips on how to install it online.
- Instead of buying a brand new Promethean Board, you might consider getting a slightly used or second-hand product to save money. If buying used, try your best to see the board in person to make sure that it works.
- This Promethean board is only one company that makes this type of product. There are many other brands out there that can offer similar functions for a fraction of the cost. Other companies to consider include Luidia, Mimio and Smart Tech.