How Much Do Publix Wedding Cakes Cost?
The Publix Bakery is well known for making superior quality wedding cakes. Their experienced and gifted cake designers work with you to help in creating the ideal cake for your special event. They customize the cakes according to your liking with your choice of flavors, icing, and filling in the perfect color, size and shape.
Publix has cakes that are pre-designed or they can help you customize your own one-of-a-kind cake.
How much is it?
- The cost of a Publix wedding cake will depend on the size, the customization and type of cake you purchase. The costs will cost about $275 to $375 per 250 guests.
- According to one member of WeddingWire.com, a bride had paid $350 for a wedding cake from Publix that served more than 250 guests.
- On CakeCentral.com, a member was quoted $440 for a three-tiered cake, which had 8, 10 and 12-inch layers and used fondant. On the other hand, the same sized cake with buttercream frosting was quoted for $295.
What is going to be included?
- Publix has a wide range of flavors and varieties of cake, and so you can create some rather spectacular combinations.
- The cake flavors available include vanilla, marble, chocolate, vanilla chocolate combo, Red Velvet and carrot. The icing can be buttercream, cream cheese, rolled fondant and fudge, while you can choose filling from a wide selection that includes raspberry, lemon, vanilla custard, cherry, fresh strawberries, cannoli, chocolate pudding, and German Chocolate. Extra flavors may be available on request.
The following are just a few of the designs and options available. For a full list, visit their wedding cake page.
- Basket of Flowers. The icing on this cake is designed to resemble a basket which is then filled with flowers. These flowers can be made with icing so they are edible, or they can be fake or fresh flowers that are taken off before the cake is served. Fresh or fake flowers will be extra and are usually purchased by the bride rather than the bakery.
- Beloved. This elegant cake is highlighted by the Calla Lily blossoms that surround it. However, these are not edible and will need to be removed before the cake is served.
- Blossoming Romance. This cake lends a very modern and smooth look with square tiers and completely smooth buttercream frosting. The flowers of your choice can decorate the tops and sides.
- Breathtaking. The icing on the sides of these square tiers is very intricate and artful, offering your guests something to admire.
What are the extra costs?
- Find a Publix bakery close to your venue since they charge for delivery based on distance. They charge $30 to deliver up to 10 miles. When they come to deliver the cake, the Publix bakers will also set up the cake for you according to the number of tiers, shape, and table decorations of your choice.
- There are extra charges for cream cheese and fudge icings, fruit and cannoli fillings, whipped toppings, German Chocolate cakes, black forest cakes, and carrot cakes.
- A cake topper, if chosen, will be an additional cost to consider. This is usually some type of figure of a bride and groom atop the cake.
- If your cake needs a stand or acrylic legs used to build the cake tiers, the Publix bakery will require a deposit for these items. However, this deposit is returned when all of the pieces used are returned to them in good condition.
Tips to know
- The price is something which you should bear in mind when looking for your wedding cake. To make sure that you get the cake just as you hoped for, ensure that you place your order at least two weeks before your wedding occasion.
- They do offer delivery services to your site if you request it.
- Talk with a consultant at the store ahead of time and test a sample to make sure that it is something that you want for your wedding.
How can I save money?
- Adding customization, extra ingredients, as well as small details on your wedding cake is without a doubt one way to rack up the bill. Instead, go for something simple and get rid of the labor-intensive details.
- You can also skip the fondant. Even though the fondant can give your wedding cake a beautiful and smooth look, it is by far the most costly of all the icing choices. Opt for a cream cheese or buttercream icing instead.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.