How Much Does a Ribeye Steak Cost?
The rib eye, also known as the ribeye steak, is the beef steak that comes from the rib section of the cow. The rib section of beef will span from ribs six through 12. This piece of beef most has the longissimus dorsi muscle and spinalis muscle.
How much is it?
- Ribeye steaks, like other types of steaks, are obtained from different breeds of cows. Their grade is one of the major factors considered for the price of the meat. The weight of the steak also varies per cut which can also affect the price. Different stores that sell this type of steak can also offer it at varying prices.
- On average, your local grocery store will sell ribeye steak for $7 to as much as $15 per pound. For instance, a thick Angus ribeye could cost $12 to $15 a pound, while a USDA Choice steak can cost less than $10 per pound.
- Those that want to purchase ribeye steaks which are individually wrapped and ready to cook, and sometimes even marinated and seasoned, can vary anywhere from $30 to as much as $55 for a box of 4 eight ounce steaks. For instance, Omaha Steaks offers a 4 pack of eight ounce steaks for $49.99.
- MyChicagoSteak.com is an online food service that offers p remium Ribeye steaks. They sell steaks different types of steaks from Wagyu or All Natural to Premium Gold Angus Ribeye Steaks. They sell the steaks in packs which usually contains 2 to 4, 8 to 12 ounces of steak. The price for the steaks ranges from $90 to $160..
What is going to be included?
- This beef steak is sliced from the rib and can either have the rib bone attached or detached.
- There are different grades of Ribeye steak that can be purchased. The difference can be noticed in its taste as well as the marbling while the meat is cooking. Expect the steak to have fat content that will maintain its juiciness; this also serves as natural baste for the meat.
- All meat sold on the market today should be approved to be sold by the United States Department of Agriculture, more popularly known as the USDA. The USDA approved meats are guaranteed to be fresh since it upholds the standards set by the government organization.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on how you choose to prepare the steak, you may have to purchase different marinades or spices.
Tips to know:
- Ribeye steak is not the only cut availabl; just make sure that you look for steaks that have plenty of fat this is what makes the steak as juicy as possible.
- When you cook steak, make sure that it is completely thawed and cooked evenly. Steaks do not take long to cook and if they are still chilled, the inside may be still cold while the surface is burned already.
How can I save money?
- Ribeye is already an expensive cut of steak; if the beef comes from a premium breed of cows, the price can increase exponentially. You may want to consider a lower grade of beef rather than Angus unless you have a special dinner where you will serve it.
- If you have your heart set on Ribeye, consider looking for sales at your local grocery store. Many stores can have sales that knock $1 to $3 off per pound, especially in the summer months when steaks are popular for grilling out.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.