How Much Does a Rug Doctor Cost?
The Rug Doctor is a branded carpet cleaning machine. Most people often rent a Rug Doctor because they want to avoid paying the higher professional carpet cleaning fees. A machine like this is a good middle ground between simply vacuuming and having your carpets cleaned.
Some places may rent the Rug Doctor per hour while other may do it for a half a day or a full day.
How much does it cost?
- A Rug Doctor machine can either be bought or rented. Usually, the machine can be rented for 24 hours. According to Rugdoctor.com, you can purchase or rent a rug doctor to clean up the mess at your home. For example, they offer the Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Deluxe Package for $600.
- As for rentals, be prepared to pay around $20 to $50 per 24 hours. To get an exact quote for the rental, visit the official Rug Doctor website.
- If you do decide to purchase on, be prepared to spend anywhere from $400 to as much as $700 on a machine.
- For example, this popular Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Pet Pack retails for $400 to $550 on Amazon.
|Number of Rooms||Rental Cost (per 24 hours)|
|4 or less||$35-$50|
|5 to 8||$42-$60|
|9 to 12||$45-$70|
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a rug doctor machine, the machine will have to be picked up at a local location, such as the grocery or hardware store. It usually comes with a cleaning package that you can use immediately. A Rug Doctor is used for cleaning carpets, upholstery and rugs. Follow directions from the package guidelines so you can get the best results when using it. Some even say that you can use it to clean your stairs and other upholstery such as your couch cushions or pillows.
- The Rug Doctor comes with a tank in which you put the water and cleaning solution. This mixture is then warmed and converted o steam, which is capable of cleaning and deodorizing the carpet and other surfaces you choose to clean. The Rug Doctor will also come with various attachments to make cleaning different surfaces and sizes.
- The Rug Doctor can clean most of the carpet materials including nylon and polyester. However, silk, wool, jute or sisal retains moisture when cleaned with a rug doctor machine so it is advisable to exclude them.
- In order to rent a machine, they will ask for a form of ID such as a credit card, driver’s license or passport.
What are the extra costs?
- Detergents and other cleaning materials may be needed, particularly in extreme cleaning conditions. For example, if odors or high traffic areas need to be cleaned, Rug Doctor recommends cleaning products that can cost $10 to $15 extra.
- Failing to return the machine after 24 hours can lead to additional late fee charges.
Tips to know:
- Make sure that you clean all the areas of your house before proceeding with the Rug Doctor machine usage. Vacuum all necessary areas to remove excessive dirt and debris. The Rug Doctor is designed to deep clean the carpets, not pick up debris from the surface.
- If you have heavily stained and dirty rugs, pre-treat them first. There are specific pre-treatment products that can help remove stubborn stains, grease, ink, urine, oil and other possible dirt. Soak the rug first in the special formula before cleaning them with the rug doctor machine.
- Use hot water with the recommended amount of cleaner or solution when using the machine. Clean your rugs at a slower pace for best results.
- Let the cleaned rugs dry up before you arrange and move back all your furniture in place.
- The Rug Doctor is available in more than 35,000 locations.
How can I save money?
- Remember that the Rug Doctor is a brand. If the machine seems too high for your budget, consider other cheaper alternative. A handheld carpet cleaner can often be found for less than $200.
- Clean your carpets and rugs regularly to make them stay fresh and clean.
- Look for discounted packages to cut on expenses. Ask friends or family if they want to go in on a rental together to cut on the costs.
- You can cut cost if you will do the cleaning yourself instead of hiring a professional to take care of the job.
- For those who are looking to purchase a machine, consider looking for a used or reconditioned machine.
- Before renting, look for coupons online.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.