How Much Does a Safe Step Tub Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A Safe Step walk-in tub is a type of bathtub that allows a person to step in at ground level rather than having to go to the side and step down. As someone advances in age, mobility can be a problem because of weakened bones and the typical health conditions that come with getting old. Doing the basic things, such as taking a bath, can be very difficult for the elderly, disabled, and the mobility impaired. Not only is the stepping over and lowering oneself down difficult, but the base of the tub can also be slippery and often times, this results in falls and injuries. But thanks to the Safe Step bathtub, these problems are no more.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the size and the complexity of the area where the tub has to be installed, the costs of a Safe Step walk-in tub can be anywhere from as little as $9,000 to as much as $25,000 or more without professional installation.
- According to Safestepwalkintub.blogspot.com, the prices of most quality walk in bathtubs (not Safe Step) range from $6,000 to $15,000. However, a Safe Step tub was quoted for around $21,000 and $5,000 for the professional install. Keep in mind that all situations are going to be unique and the prices will wildly vary.
- A forum thread on the website o50social.com claimed that they received a quote in the mid $14,000s for their tub.
What is going to be included?
- Safe Step walk-in tub personnel insist on visiting their potential customers first to assess the area where the tub is to be installed so that they can give an accurate quote. Most often, the cost estimate is free of charge. With this visit, they will discuss your options, make measurements and give you a quote on what they can do for you.
- Each Safe Step Walk-in Tub is made of a durable acrylic and gel coat components to prevent the tub from getting discolored. It is also meant to be long lasting. The base of the tub will be textured to help lessen the chance of falling when getting in and out of the walk-in tub.
What are the extra costs?
- The cost of Safe Step tub usually does not include the installation cost.
- Expect to spend more on a rather high-end quality tub or the tub that provides more features.
- For complex installs, the price can go up by more than 30%.
Factors that influence the price:
- A Safe Step tub sales representative will not reveal their prices to inquiries over the phone. They need to inspect the area where it should be installed. But according to those who have been visited by the company’s representatives, the prices of Safe Step Tubs are more expensive when compared to other brands.
- The cost of safe step tub depends on its size, brand, and configuration. The nature of the dealer(s) from where you purchase the bathtub also matters. If it caters to the high-end market, the tag price of its products would also be very high.
- The geographical location of the dealer may affect the price.
Tips to know:
- The Safe Step Walk-in Tub offers features that are specifically designed for the senior citizens, such as safe bathing and great therapeutic value.
- Safe Step Walk-in Tub meets the accreditation standards of BBB, including its commitment to resolve consumer complaints and establish a reputable relationship with its customers.
How can I save money?
- After you have decided on the type of Safe Step tub you want, make sure to know about the installation prices. While you may decide on a cheaper tub, the installation costs could be higher than expected, offsetting the savings.
- A tub that can be drop shipped to your home is much cheaper.
- Whenever possible, try to check if dealers have a new tub from a canceled order in their warehouse that matches the configuration of your bathroom. Most often, they would give it at a lower price.
- If the cost of installation is too high for you, inquire about what all has to be done to get the tub installed. Perhaps you or another family member can do the installation or do its wiring in your home. If you cannot, you may at least be able to do the work of tearing out the old bathtub to make room for the new.
- Remember that a Safe Step tub is a brand. Do not forget to include other options when shopping for a step-in tub. Other brands include Premier, Unique and First Street.
- Do not forget to haggle! More representatives are more than willing to bring the price down.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.