How Much Does the San Gabriel Country Club Cost?
This century old golf club, on the land of San Gabriel mission, was originally started in 1904 as a nine-hole golf course with sand oiled greens. In 1912, it was extended to an 18-hole golf course with the help of the golfer architect, Norman Macbeth. Later on, many changes were made in different phases by William Watson, William Park Bell, Robert Trent Jones Sr and Robert Trent Jones Jr. It is the oldest 18-hole golf club in Southern California.
How much is it?
- This club offers five types of memberships with different fee structures and initiation fees. The initiation dues are said to be in the low five figures and monthly dues will depend on the membership. Most are north of $300 per month.
The club offers five membership options
- Regular Membership: This is designed for the members older than 21 years old. Members are allowed to access all the club facilities, including the golf course. They have rights to vote in the meeting of the club and is an equity membership.
- Junior Membership: This is for members between the ages of 21 to 34. The initiation fee for this membership varies depending on the age category and can be paid in five annual installments. Members are allowed to access all the club facilities, including the golf course. They have no right to vote and it is not an equity membership.
- Associate Membership: This is for members between 35 to 44 years old. The initiation fee for this membership varies depending on the age category namely 35 – 39 years, 40 – 44 years and can be paid in 5 annual installments. Members are allowed to access all the club facilities, including the golf course. They have no right to vote and is not an equity membership.
- Social Membership: This is designed for members older than 21. Members can access all the facilities except the golf course. Social members may golf once in a month when paying a fee.
- National Membership: This is for those who reside at least 150 miles away from the club. With this membership, members can bring their guests with a nominal guest fee. This is an invitation-only membership with the club’s discretion. It allows members to play club tournaments and bring guests as well.
What is going to be included?
- All members are welcomed to all social events held throughout the year.
- The club offers club storage facilities, a pro shop, dining options and offers various social events throughout the year.
What are the extra costs?
- Club storage will be extra.
- Private and group lessons can incur additional fees.
- Tournaments can cost extra.
- Caddie fees may apply.
- Guest green fees may apply. This is around $75 per round.
Tips to know
- The club follows a strict dress code. Refer to the official website documentation for more information.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.