How Much Does the Shady Canyon Golf Club Cost?
The Shady Canyon Golf Club is a private club located in Irvine, California. The 18-hole golf club is a Tom Fazio-designed course that opened in 2002 and has a course rating of 74.5. The golf course is 7,012 yards from the back tee. Managed by Steve Buck, the club is at the heart of a private residential golf preserve and is surrounded by a 16,000-acre nature preserve.
How much is it?
- The cost of membership depends on the type of membership you sign up for. The price of membership varies or “floats” depending on demand. As of April 2015, the initiation fee for a full golf membership was $100,000, along with $1,290 in monthly dues.
- The social membership has a $15,000 initiation fee and the monthly dues are $400.
- According to this OCRegister.com article, the original initiation fee was $300,000. The article stated at that time members could try the club for as little as $425 per month.
What is going to be included?
- The club offers two membership options: golf and social.
- The golf membership offers access to the driving range, putting greens, and short-game area. It also includes access to the swimming pool and main clubhouse.
- The social membership allows access to the swimming facilities and a fitness center. It also includes limited use of the 53,000 square foot main clubhouse. Social members do have access to the 18-hole golf course if they are accompanied by golf members.
What are the extra costs?
- Both memberships have a food and beverage minimum of $400 per quarter.
- Group and private lessons are available for a fee.
- Personal training sessions are available for an additional fee.
- Golf camps and programs held throughout the year can be extra.
Tips to know:
- The golf membership is limited to 428 members.
How can I save money?
- Talk with the membership department to see if any offers are available for those who are new to the club.