How Much Does Sirloin Steak Cost?
The sirloin steak is the cut from the back of the animal. This piece of meat is divided into several types of steaks, and top sirloin is the most prized out of all cuts. The word sirloin refers to the cut of meat that comes from the upper middle part of the animal.
How much is it?
- The cost of sirloin steak will depend on the cut, quality and where it’s purchased. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $5 to as much as $11 per pound at your local grocery store.
- TheTexasSteakWarehouse.com is an online retailer that allows you to make a purchase of steaks online. This website offers sirloin steak as well as other cuts like Ribeye or t-bone. They usually sell sirloin steaks per piece; a cut of this steak that weighs .78 lbs can cost $8 to $11.
- CSUMeats.com offer packs of sirloin steak that contains two pieces of sirloin steak that have a combined weight of 2.3 pounds for $4 to $7 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- Sirloin steak can come from different kinds of beef. It can also be cut differently. Some of the cuts available are baseball cut or filet style.
- Sirloin is not as tender as other steak cuts, but it can still be cooked without prior tenderizing. This is perhaps the reason why this cut is cheaper than other steak cuts; the fact that sirloin is the cut that yields the most from each source, making it more readily available.
What are the extra costs?
- When sirloin steak is purchased, it will be ready to cook. The beauty of buying steak is that it is already cut and prepared to be put on the grill. You simply need to add seasoning on the product for taste or perhaps marinate it for a while before cooking it.
- If you order online, expect to pay for the shipping and handling charges of the product.
Tips to know:
- As mentioned earlier, sirloin steak one of the least expensive steak cuts that you can find. Other cuts can cost more compared to sirloin steak, so you may only want to buy those for special occasions.
- If you want top class steak, you can purchase top sirloin rather than just the regular sirloin steak. This will be more tender although the price can be higher as well.
How can I save money?
- Buying sirloin steak is already considered to be a money saving way to experience having steak since there are other cuts that are more expensive than this.
- Sirloin steak is usually the least expensive steak compared to other cuts such as Ribeye and tenderloin.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.