How Much Does a Walgreens Physical Cost?
An annual physical exam can help ensure that the person is healthy and is physically prepared to take part in specific activities. During the exam, the health care provider reviews the person’s complete health history and makes sure that they are up-to-date with the current immunization recommendations for their age.
Patients can get a physical exam at select Walgreens drugstores, specifically at its walk-in Healthcare Clinics nationwide. Currently, Healthcare Health Systems manages 197 clinics in 14 states.
How much is it?
- The regular price of a physical at Walgreens can range anywhere from $35 to $69, depending on the type of physical and if insurance is involved.
- According to Walgreens.com, a camp, sports and annual school physical will cost $49, or $39 with a coupon. An administrative physical at Walgreens can cost $69, while a Medicare wellness visit is $0.
What is going to be included?
- A Walgreens physical can be much more convenient than having to wait to get into your regular doctor’s office. Also, it is much cheaper since a normal doctor’s office exam of any kind is around $100 or more.
- A physical exam is the process by which a physician inspects a patient’s body for signs of disease. During a physical exam, a health care provider studies your body to determine whether you do or do not have a physical issue. This generally involves taking the medical history – an account of symptoms as experienced by the patient. Alongside the medical history, the physicals aid in determining the right diagnosis and devising the treatment plan.
- In addition, a physical examination usually includes inspection (looking at the body), auscultation (listening to sounds), palpation (using fingers or hands to feel the body), and percussion (producing sounds, by tapping on specific body areas). An annual physical may also involve monitoring vitals such as weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, and other markers. Most full physicals are performed just once a year in a physician’s office.
- Physicians use a physical exam to determine how the body is performing. Based on the test results, personal health history and age, it is a chance to discuss future prevention measures.
- The Healthcare Clinics can be found at some select Walgreens Pharmacy locations. There is no appointment needed for a physical exam at Healthcare Clinics. They are open seven days a week.
- The Walgreens physical is staffed by a nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
What are the extra costs?
- People with a family medical history of heart disease may need to receive additional blood pressure checks, cholesterol screenings, and blood tests.
- Additional charges apply for the labs, screenings, and tests at Healthcare clinic.
- Patients who require extra physical forms to be completed for over one program are charged an extra $15 per program at the time of visit.
- If the physical reveals that something is not right, you may have to visit your family doctor to get a more thorough exam and additional tests.
Tips to know:
- When additional imaging tests or screenings are recommended, some may need to be completed at a hospital or imaging center. Blood test draws can be performed at the physician’s office before the samples are sent to a laboratory for analysis.
- Make sure you check with the organization that is requiring your physical. There are some places that want you to use their physical form rather than the generic one that clinics use.
How can I save money?
- Healthcare offers special promotions and coupons that you can use to save money. You can bring a printable coupon in a participating Healthcare Clinic for youth sports, camp or school physical, and save $10 off the already discounted price.
- There are also group discounts for sports physicals at Healthcare Clinics. The team members can have physical exams performed at the same location and time, thereby saving $5 each.
- If you are covered by a health insurance policy, you will only pay the co-pays of as low as $10 depending on the insurance provider. If you do not have a health insurance policy or are looking for a new one, consider browsing through hundreds for free at eHealthInsurance.com.
- You can also take part in Walgreens prescription savings club network in order to receive discount cards which entitles you to a 10% saving on all Healthcare clinics.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.