How Much Does Walmart Fried Chicken Cost?
Walmart deli fried chicken is part of Walmart Deli and Bakery that offer a variety of food that includes lunch meats, prepared food, vegetables, sides, and sandwiches.
How much does it cost?
The cost of Walmart deli chicken will depend on the amount you need. On average, the costs can range from as little as $7 for an eight-piece meal to as much as $55 for a 100 piece pack of fried chicken only.
A Walmart Deli brochure shows the Walmart Deli fried chicken prices for the different fried chicken packages:
- 50-piece Chicken Only (serves 20-25) – $27.74
- 50-piece Party Pack with Sides (serves 20-25) – $39.48
- 100-piece Chicken Only (serves 45-50) – $54.98
Walmart Catering notes the following prices for the chicken trio tray, which is a build-your-own tray option that includes up to 3 chicken favorites: crispy popcorn chicken, chicken tenders, and regular or boneless Buffalo wings.
- Chicken Trio Tray for $28 for the medium size (16”)
- $44 for the large tray (18”)
What is going to be included?
- Walmart Deli fried chicken is available in the 8-piece package. For larger quantities, chicken party packs are offered and are available in 50-piece and 100-piece options. The 50-piece Chicken Party Pack comes in two varieties: with sides and chicken only. The Chicken Only set serves 20 to 25 and includes 12 breasts, 12 thighs, 13 legs, and 13 wings. The 50-piece Chicken Party Pack with Sides serves 20 to 25 people and includes 2 dozen rolls and 2 of the following salads: potato, mustard potato, macaroni or coleslaw (4 pounds each). The 100-piece Chicken Only party pack serves 45 to 50 and includes 25 pieces of the following: breasts, thighs, legs, and wings.
- To order in bulk, either call your local store or use this downloadable form.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to add sides to your meal, this can range anywhere from $2 to $6, depending on the side items. Popular side items include mashed potatoes, macaroni, okra, green beans, cheese sticks, wings, popcorn shrimp and corn dogs.
Tips to know
- When buying Walmart fried chicken in large quantities, it is recommended that the pieces of leftover chicken be refrigerated to preserve their freshness for the next meal.
- When placing orders through Walmart Catering, it is best to get in touch with Walmart.com at least 24 hours in advance, particularly if you are ordering for a large event.
How can I save money?
- Walmart deli fried chicken prices are determined by the number of pieces that need to be purchased. The larger the quantity of Walmart fried chicken purchased, the lower the price of each piece will be. Ask your family and friends about teaming up to purchase a 50- or 100-piece party pack to save on the cost of Walmart fried chicken. Also, look out for occasional deli specials on fried chicken prices.
- When using Walmart Catering services, customers have the option to ask for a Rain Check when an advertised item is out of stock at the Walmart store near them. This option allows a shopper to purchase the item at the advertised price when it becomes available, or purchase a similar item at the advertised rate or a comparable price reduction.