How Much Does a Washer Dryer Combo Cost?
A washer dryer combo unit does exactly what its name suggests. It can wash and dry. Some people have the idea that a washer-dryer combo unit is a set of the two that stack on top of each other; however, this is actually one machine.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the size and brand, the average cost of a washer dryer combo is going to range anywhere from as little as $500 to as much as $1,800.
- This LG 3.6CF washer dryer combo retails for $1,500 on Amazon.
- Combowasherdryer.com, a website that focuses on washer and dryer combos, has a white vented, 14-pounder equator washer dryer that retails for $1,000. They also have stackable, white, 14-pounder meridian washer/dryer combos that range from $499 to $599.
What is going to be included?
- Average sizes will include 1.9, 2.3 and 3.6 cubic feet.
- Unlike a separate washer and dryer, a combo washer and dryer is a unit built in one. Compared to conventional dryers, this space-efficient solution will use standard electricity.
- A user’s manual should come with the washer dryer combo when it is sent to you. This is important so you will be informed of the proper ways to use the unit. This type of unit is a lot different than a traditional washer and dryer found in most homes.
- The product should also come with a warranty; may it be brand new, refurbished or used. The warranty for a new machine should be around 5 years; the duration of the coverage of the warranty would be shorter with refurbished and used units.
What are the extra costs?
- You may need to spend a little extra on delivery fees if the seller does not include the shipment cost.
- Detergent that is specifically intended for your washer dryer combo can cost a pinch more than basic laundry detergents. For example, HE detergent is required for HE washer and dryer models. This detergent can cost 20-40% more.
- While optional, some users opt to purchase a drawer that the washer and dryer can sit on. This drawer can be used to store detergent and more.
- In order to do a load of laundry, you may also need to have items such as stain remover, dry sheets, etc. All of these items will cost extra.
Factors that influence the price
- Laundry capacity. The price of the unit depends on how much laundry can be done in a single load.
- Usage. Washer dryer combos that are used at home are different from those in an industrial setting. Most industrial washer dryers are larger than home units and are basically more expensive compared to a smaller, home washer dryer combo unit.
- Brand. Different brands sell their products at different prices.
- Condition. When it comes to a combo washer and dry setup, you can buy brand new, refurbished or used. The price for every type of washer dryer combo can affect the price.
Tips to know:
- Compared to a regular dryer, the drying times can be slower.
- There are some reasons which show that it can be more practical to own a washer dryer combo than get a separate washer and separate dryer. This does not only save you money, but it will also save you space at home. Another thing this avoids is forgetting to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and having to rewash the load. There is at least one negative part, however; Because the same machine is used, you will take twice as long to do laundry. Instead of being able to wash one load while drying the other, you will have to wait for each load to completely dry before throwing in another.
- When you are buying washer dryer combo, consider the size of your family or the number of people that will need to use the unit. If there is not much laundry that has to be done, you do not need to buy a larger washer dryer combo. Instead, consider a smaller unit that does a smaller load.
How can I save money?
- You can actually buy refurbished washer dryer combos and save as much as 50% off of the regular price.
- Also, look for stores that have promotional sales on their washer dryer combos. You will surely be able to find one that meets your needs the best. Consider looking for last year’s models to save the most.
- When purchasing from an online store, do not forget to look for coupon codes and for sites that offer free shipping.