How Much Does Wedding Draping Cost?
Wedding drapery usually refers to large white drapes or curtains that can be hung in different ways around the site of the wedding. Drapery can transform an otherwise plain space into an enchanting venue.
How much does it cost?
- Depending on the setup that you want, the price for a professional to hang wedding drapes is going to range anywhere from as little as $300 to as much as $4,000. Typically, a canopy is going to be a lot cheaper than having an entire room draped. Most prices, however, are going to be in that $400 to $900 range. Common rooms will have around four to six drapes of fabric.
- If the company charges per drape, plan on spending around $125 to $250 each.
- Eventprotraining.com charges $2 per yard for a voile fabric to drape the ceiling. But if you want this event planner to do the whole ceiling for your venue, it can cost around $2,500 for the average venue size.
- A forum poster on WeddingBee.com claimed that they received a bill for $1,160 for four drapes of fabric and four strings of lights.
What is going to be included?
- Drapes can be used to around the ballroom, the ceiling, the column covers and around the door.
- Aside from the drapes, many companies will also include LED projectors to illuminate the drapes with the client’s preferred colors.
- If you are going to hire professional events planner, the package cost typically includes the materials, poles or riggings and other components associated with the project. The price should include the rental of the drapes, setting them up the way you desire, and taking them down when the event is over.
What are the extra costs?
- In some instances when the event service provider is located more than 30 miles away from the wedding venue, you will be required to pay for the travel cost of the specialist(s) before they do the site inspection.
- If you want to do the drapes yourself, you will need at least two people to complete the job. If you need to hire someone, you will need to be prepared to pay him.
- Labor, delivery, set up, taxes and pick up services can all be charged separately.
- As mentioned above, some companies will include LED projectors while others will not. Projectors will cost around $50 to $100 each. These can project lights, words, or even pictures.
- Other lighting features such as chandeliers can be added for an additional fee. There can also be strings of lights throughout the drapes that are hung.
Factors that influence the price:
- The overall cost of a wedding drapery depends largely on the height of the ceiling as well as the linear width of the drape.
- The amount of work required or the complexity of the project also matters in the pricing scheme.
- Set up charges can fluctuate depending on the travel distance and the number of staff required to perform the job.
- The cost will also vary according to the type of service you want – whether you want a full-service, where everything from delivery, set-up, and strike is taken care of by the service provider; door to door delivery, where all the materials you need are delivered to the venue of your wedding reception, or; self-service pick-up, where you go and personally choose the drapes, hardware, and other materials and have them loaded into your vehicle.
Tips to know:
- Another way to slash down on your wedding expenses is to limit the number of your guests so that the venue size does not have to be large.
- If you do not have an idea on what you want to do with your drapery, check online or in wedding magazines for ideas on how to do your wedding drapery. Pinterest.com is a great place to browse through pictures as well.
How can I save money?
- It would be a lot cheaper if you pick up the items you need from the service provider and do the drape installation yourself. This is not as hard as you think! Eventprotraining.com, for example, has a helpful video.
- Ask around and get quotes from different sources. As long as you get at least three quotes, you can be assured that you are getting the best deal possible.
- If it were possible, have your ceremony and reception in the same place so the drapes provider will not charge you extra for travel expenses.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.