How Much Does an Xbox 360 Cost?
The X-Box 360 is a game system made by Microsoft.
How much does a Xbox 360 cost?
- On average, the Xbox 360 cost will be anywhere from $80 to as much as $250 depending on the model purchased. The first edition, which isn’t sold new anymore, will cost about $60 to $75 used.
- The basic Xbox 360 will cost about $170. This console has a fairly small memory – only 4 GB.
- A 250GB Xbox 360 will cost about $250.
- A 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, a motion sensor system which makes gameplay more realistic, will cost about $300. A 250GB Xbox 360 with Kinect will cost about $400.
- The Kinect sensor system itself will cost about $130.
|Xbox 360 E 4GB Console||$170|
|Xbox 360 500GB Console - Forza Horizon 2 Bundle||$190|
|Xbox 360 4gb Kinect Holiday Bundle with 3 Games||$250|
|Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Console||$100 (used)|
|Xbox 360 500GB Call of Duty Bundle||$250|
|Microsoft Xbox 360 Game System HDMI Console 60GB||$90 (used)|
|Microsoft Xbox 360 E 4GB Console||$180|
|Xbox 360 4GB Console||$220|
|Microsoft Xbox 360 S 4GB System||$75 (used)|
What is going to be included?
- When purchasing an Xbox 360, you will also receive all the hardware, software, cords, and manuals necessary for set-up. If a bundle, such as the Kinect or game bundle, is purchased, it will come included with the package.
- One controller will usually come with a new purchase.
- Many times a trial subscription to Xbox Live, which gives the player the option of playing online against other players, is included with purchase.
- The console can either come in black or a matte white.
- Various hard drive capacities include options at 20, 60, 120, 250 or 320GB.
What are the extra costs?
- The largest cost of the X-box 360 is the games. Each game for the 360 can cost $20 to $60, with an average price of $40. This will all depend on the type of game purchased.
- In order to continue playing games online, a subscription to X-Box Live must be purchased. This will cost about $50 per year.
- There are many accessories that can be purchased for the 360, such as extra controllers (wired or wireless), rechargeable batteries, webcam, dance mats and headsets. Controllers will cost about $40, while a rechargeable battery can cost $20 to $30.
- For those who tend to play a lot of games as well as have a lot of downloads and saves, an additional hard drive is necessary to ensure the adequate amount of space is there. While the 4GB hard drive may sound like a lot of space, space can fill up quick for those who play a lot.
- Older style Xbox consoles are going to need a wireless adapter if you want to connect to a wireless network. While the console can be connected via a hard-wired connection, this device can cost upwards of $100. Most of the newer models will already have a wireless network built directly into the console.
- While optional, some players opt to purchase customized skins for their console. These skins will wrap around the machine, allowing the console to have a unique customizable look. These skins will usually start at $20.
Tips to know:
- The problem with many Xbox consoles is that they tend to have a lot of problems. If you’re planning on playing the console a lot, it may be a good idea to purchase an extended warranty. That way, if a problem does exist outside of the warranty redemption period, you will be covered.
- The Xbox officially launched in 2006 and cost $399.99 for the premium 20GB unit. In 2007, the Elite 120GB version retailed for $479.99. By 2013, the last version — the Xbxo 360 E 4GB — retailed for $199.99.
How can I save money?
- Money can be saved by watching for bundle deals, such as a free game or free accessories with purchase of an X-Box 360. Watch your local ads to find good bundle deals.
- Refurbished 360s can be purchased through websites/stores such as Best Buy and through services such as Amazon.